Sharpen your claws, Spooky Squid Games is bringing their classic indie platforming slash’em up They Bleed Pixels to Nintendo Switch this year, marking the first time the game will be available on consoles!
As an anonymous student of the Lafcadio Academy for Troubled Young Ladies, you must battle through your nightmares to defeat a curse that’s slowly transforming your body into a clawed demonic form. Originally released for PC in 2012, They Bleed Pixels balances a perfect mix of fast-paced acrobatic platforming and fierce, one-button, slash’em up combat. By suppressing their urge to button mash in favour of focusing on stylish and smart kills, players are rewarded with a checkpoint they can choose when to place for safety… or try their luck by holding onto it for extra bonus points.
Heading to PAX East this month? They Bleed Pixels will be playable on Nintendo Switch at the Spooky Squid booth #25080!
- Hardcore original difficulty, plus an easier novice mode, to match a wide range of skills.
- Striking art style mixes low-fi pixel art with organic ink and paper textures.
- Lush gothic-cute motion comics tell the story of a young girl haunted by eldritch nightmares.
- Becoming a monster stabbing master or platforming speedrunner with individual level rankings, online leaderboards and 150 skill-based badges.
- Unlock bonus guest levels + illustrations by comic and game artists from around the world.